Live Auditions will be held at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in West Palm Beach in March and April, 2017. Video auditions will be accepted for those students unable to attend a live audition. Please keep in mind that students will be accepted to the program on a rolling basis and enrollment for the Florida intensive is limited to 75 students.
Live Audition 1
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Check in begins at 11:15 am and auditions will start promptly at 12pm. Please plan to arrive to sign in no later than 11:30 am.
Live Audition 2
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Check in begins at 9:00 am and auditions will start promptly at 10am. Please plan to arrive to sign in no later than 9:30 am.
- One Contemporary 1 minute monologue from a published play
- One 32 bar selection from standard Broadway repertoire. (Please prepare a 32 bar cut of a piece you know in its entirety and bring sheet music for the full song).
- Participate in dance evaluation
What to Bring
- Students should bring sheet music in a 3 ring binder. Cuts should be clearly marked and in the correct key.
- Students will dance first and can remain in dance attire for the vocal and acting portion of the audition.
- Women: Leotard and tights or jazz pants, jazz shoes or jazz sneakers, and tap shoes (if you are a strong tapper). Dance shorts may be worn only if worn with tights.
- Men: Dance pants, jazz pants or athletic pants and a fitted t-shirt, jazz shoes or jazz sneakers, and tap shoes (if you are a strong tapper).
- Headshot and Resume (optional)
*Registration is required to audition for The Broadway Artists Intensive Florida. Register below.
Video Auditions will be accepted for those students who are unable to attend a live audition.